At Komodo, we take your privacy seriously.
This document explains what kind of information Komodo Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Komodo”) collects and stores, including personal information (i.e., data that can be reasonably linked to a specific individual or household) in connection with the operation of the Komodo KT-100S, Komodo KT-200-3G, and other Products and Services from Komodo (collectively, “Komodo Products”). Komodo Products include our mobile and web applications.
We pledge to:
- Be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
- Ask your permission before sharing your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for purposes other than to provide Komodo’s services, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
- Use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the Komodo Products from unauthorized access.
By using this service, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described below.
What information does the Komodo KT-100S and Komodo KT-200-3G collect?
The Komodo KT-100S and Komodo KT-200-3G collects:
- GPS location
- Ambient temperature data from the device sensor
- Cellular tower information
- Technical information from the device
GPS location: The device main function is to collect, transmit, and display location information for end-user.
Ambient temperature data from the device sensor: We collect data from sensor built into the Komodo tracking device. This helps you to better analyze environment around our tracking device for further prevention of freezing or potential fire.
Cellular tower information: Device collects and transmits cellular tower location information to our cloud servers in order to display this information on our mapping when GPS signal is unavailable.
Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the Komodo tracking devices, we record your Komodo tracker model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as battery charge level.
How does Komodo use the information it collects?
We use this information in order to provide you with all information you might need while using our device. We may use your contact details to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your Komodo use. We may use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to our cloud servers. Depending on your location and type of data. Komodo may process your personal information on servers that are not in your home country.
In what circumstances does Komodo share my information?
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Komodo Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- With your consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. Your explicit consent is required to allow any information exchange on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time.
- We have service technicians who help to answer your questions and who also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems.
- These technicians (as well as Komodo employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Komodo purposes. For example, we have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorized employee access to any personal data.
- Business Transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than Canada).
As a result, your personal information may be subject to legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, in those jurisdictions.
If you select an outside party for the purchase, installation, or service of your Komodo device and share your personal information, we cannot control the collection, storage or sharing of information collected by that party. For example, if you bought your tracker from a retailer, they may collect personal information as part of the transaction. Or the party that installed the device may retain information that you provided to them to assist them in servicing the device if needed. Always check the privacy policies for any company that collects your personal information.
How long does Komodo save my personal information and how can I delete it?
Komodo stores your personal information on Komodo’s cloud servers for as long as you remain a Komodo customer in order to provide you with the services.
As described above, some information is processed and stored directly on the Komodo device. All information is encrypted as it is transmitted to Komodo and cannot easily be accessed.
You can access, amend or delete your personal information from Komodo’s servers through the controls in your account. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after your information is deleted, backup copies may linger for some time before they are deleted, and we may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
We comply with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Komodo has certified (through its parent) that it adheres to the relevant Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
Please note that this privacy statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you.
If you have any questions, please contact us.